All Cars - example photos
CALL WITH YOUR QUESTIONS
9am - 9pm: 7 days a week
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS to Consider in order to get the Best Vehicle Rust Treatment...
Questions to consider...
5. Will the inside areas be adequately covered? After we spray our rustproofing into an area, if we question the coverage, we quickly double-check it with a visual probe.
Vehicle Body Coating Areas
We apply an inner cavity protectant that will penetrate seams, spot welds and crevases. It will creap in all directions including upwards. It will NOT plug drain holes.
The bottom of your vehicle is where moisture, stones and salt eat away at its foundation. If you call ahead, we can put your vehicle on a hoist and show you.
We also service the spare tire lowering device by running it up and down and 'greasing' it. These hoists often get seized-up from rust.
Rust Coaters LLC
BY APPOINTMENT: 3005 Melby Street #4 - Eau Claire, WI 54703
Are the parts blocking access removed before spraying rust proofing? Personally, I have not seen anyone removing parts to rust proof a vehicle. It seems that they are more focused on turn-around time rather than doing a thorough job.
Does salt and dirt get trapped behind all these parts? YES, and the salt and other chemicals start to build up each time your vehicle goes down the road.
Removing these parts allows us to directly apply our Rust Coating into the vehicle's inner wheel wells and undercarriage versus spraying a penetrant through a flexible spray wand and attempt to reach them. Most rust coating companies don't remove these parts, we do.
PARTS REMOVAL EXAMPLE SHOWN BELOW
Typically, the bottom of your vehicle's side doors will start to show rust and corrosion before you notice it anywhere else.
Here is an example of 'car rust' popping through...
Some of Our Professional Heated Rust Application Equipment (pictured below).
Our Rust Killer treatment is not available separately (i.e. without our rust proofing service).
The cost for this added service is $179.00 + tax
3. The space between your inner wheel well and the outer body panel has about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch air gap and it's typically filled with a foam-type seal. I'm pretty sure that we are the only shop in the world that has figured out how to tap into this area and get rustproofing into it.
Step 3: Drying fans are placed under the vehicle.
6. Large drying fans are then placed underneath to dry the under-body.
Step 4: The cleaned and dried under-body is then sprayed with a rust converter. This transforms existing rust into an inert coating, that seals out moisture and helps to prevent future corrosion.
Rust coating is no small task. Choose someone who is extremely focused on doing a thorough job, not someone doing it as a sideline.
Be sure and inspect what was actually done. Either have them put it up on their hoist so you can see what was done, or have them take some good photographs of their work. Know exactly what work was done to your vehicle.
If you have a 'prized possession' that you are thinking about rust coating, consider Rust Coaters, LLC in Eau Claire, WI.
The good news is, excellent 'salt protection for cars and trucks' is possible. We can access the inside of your vehicle's outer body panels and cavities and apply rust proofing. You will NEVER-EVER regret rust proofing your vehicle.
The money you put into properly Rust Proofing your vehicle has HUGE return on investment.
8. Is the exterior of your vehicle clean when you pick it up and free from over-spray? We wash the exterior to remove the protective coating we initially applied before the rustproofing process.
Below is an example of corrosion forming when there's no corrosion protection between two or more layers of metal.
2. How well will your vehicle's undercarriage be cleaned? I've seen both rustproofing and undercoating products applied right over the top of road salt, sand and grime, thus trapping it in!
At Rust Coaters, when your vehicle is placed on the hoist, a cleaner and Salt Neutralizer is applied to the complete undercarriage.
STEP 2). Next, we apply a penetrant type of cosmoline rust inhibitor into the pinch welds, seams and crevases. The penetrant is designed to work its way around the spot welds and into the tight areas.
1. Can you trust that others will remove all the necessary parts (to access the hidden areas) and then properly reattached them? With decades of auto body repair experience, we not only have the ability but we have the equipment and the related screws and plastic clips in-stock to do this type of work.
TWO EXAMPLES BELOW: (pickup truck)
Click on the photos below to see more photos of how thorough our Rust Coating process is.
The above procedure gives you extra protection so that this does not happen anytime soon....
* The above price includes the High Pressure injection of a Cosmoline Penetrant into the metal outer body panels and under-body cavities PLUS the application of HEAVY DUTY Cosmoline to exposed areas of the under-body.
16. Afterward, all the parts we initially removed for better access are reinstalled. We have a full line of plastic clips and other attaching hardware to assure that all the parts that were removed are properly reinstalled.
If you drive your vehicle in the rust-belt, the new salt-brines will quickly create rust and rust holes. If you don't believe this, walk through any parking lot in the rust belt and look at the vehicles parked there.
ALL vehicles driven in the rust-belt need extra protection or they will rust out very quickly.
17. Will the exterior of your vehicle be clean when you pick it up and free from over-spray? We wash the complete exterior to remove the protective coating we initially applied before the rustproofing process.
6. How many different spray wands are needed? While some rust coating application centers have only one or two, we have over a dozen. Many of our rust coating wands are of our own design. They are built for specific vehicles and they're designed to get into areas others only wish they could reach.
World Class Rust Proofing
1. Will your vehicle's outer body, chrome and glass be protected from over-spray, or will your vehicle get a hard-to-remove film of rust proofing over-spray left on it?
At Rust Coaters, we first apply a sealant so rust coating we spray does not end up sticking to the exterior of your vehicle.
Vehicles that have spare tires that hang underneath them also get coated on both sides. We've had client's vehicles (with less than 50,000 miles) come in and we have recommended that they purchase a new wheel for their spare tire because the original wheel was so rusty.
This photo shows an under-body before any rust coating has been applied.
Chevrolet - example photos
Step 2: Next, any remaining loose undercoating and dirt is removed using very high air pressure from a 1 inch diameter air hose.
Our COSMOLINE BASED
T-Rex of Automotive Rust Proofing!
Not only does it help protect the
Upper Body Panels... It also protects the Under-Body
from Rust and Corrosion.
Step 5: The Rust Killer is allowed to its work.
This process further encapsulates the existing rust before our rust-proofing products are applied.
This photo shows an under-body AFTER our rust coating has been applied.
9. How will the bottom of your vehicle be accessed? At Rust Coaters all our rust proofing work is done on large hoists. Our shop is clean and bright, We also have a bright headlamp mounted on our head while we are applying products to your vehicle. This leaves both of our hands free to accommodate the spraying process.
The under-carriage, suspension and inner bumper areas are notoriously dark areas to work. If the vehicle is not on a 'proper' hoist and there's not sufficient light, you will not get a thorough job.
2. Will your vehicle's wheels, wheel well cover panels and flaps (like the ones shown below) be removed to allow for better access and coverage.
Step 1: We use a very high-pressure, hot water-blaster that produces a powerful rotating stream of hot water. It blows-off and smooths-out the crusty rusted areas on the under-body.
It also helps to remove the greasy film and dirt build-up that's typically imbedded into those rusty areas.
7. All the parts that we removed for better access are reinstalled. We have a full-line of plastic clips and other attaching hardware to assure that everything is properly reinstalled.
Rust-proofers' often fail to get behind and around the reinforcements and the spot-welds. These are the areas where corrosion typically starts.
4. In the process, we will also clean your vehicle's plastic or fiber wheel liners and cover panels thus blasting away any build up of salt, dirt and brine.
Removing rust and corrosion from the inside of a door seam is not feasible because the outer panel is rolled over the top of the inner panel during the manufacturing process. You can only treat it with rustproofing to slow down the rate of corrosion.
The best 'rust stopper' for doors is a rust inhibitor that will creep into the lower seam and thoroughly penetrate it in all directions.
With the wheel well liners removed, we are able to install our rust-proofing injectors. The injectors allow us to apply rust-proofing directly into an area that is sealed-in. Afterwards, the injectors are removed and the holes get capped-off with factory-looking plastic caps, (as shown below).
Dodge - example photos
7. What type of application equipment is used? We use professional high-pressure sprayers costing thousands of dollars, NOT a mickey mouse spray gun with a screw-on bottle. Our material is put on nice-and-thick and it thoroughly penetrates your vehicle's lower seams and inner panels where salt likes to collect.
Typical equipment used by non-professionals is shown here...
5. Will your vehicle be thoroughly dried before any rust coating products are applied? After pressure washing your vehicle's undercarriage we use HIGH VOLUME compressed air to remove any remaining sand and water.
4. How will the inside of your doors, door posts, rocker panels, quarter panels and rear gate or deck lid be accessed? We take the time to drill small holes wherever they are needed so we can evenly apply our rustproofing. Then we seal the holes off with cosmoline and factory-looking plastic caps.
Because there's a high risk of scratching the interior door paint, breaking the trim panel clips, or damaging the seal that covers the inside of your door we choose to drill a small hole. We've discovered that this method is far less evasive than trying to remove your door trim panels.
On this website, you'll discover some of the best 'anti rust' solutions available anywhere.
By the time you get to the bottom of this page, you'll know how to best protect your vehicle from rust and corrosion.
Tom Kewan - Owner
Rust Coaters, LLC
12. How much product is applied? Rustproofing and undercoating are two different tasks.
Where others will typically apply a few ounces, we apply roughly 3 gallons per car and 4 to 5 gallons on pickups and large SUV's.
13. What type of products will the underside of my vehicle be coated with? After the under-body of your vehicle has been accessed, thoroughly cleaned and dried, (and any loose-crusty rust has been removed) we apply our cosmoline products to the underside...
STEP 1). We apply a cosmoline rust preventative that leaves an amber colored, translucent, waxy-dry coating on all the exposed under-body surface areas.
3. Will your vehicle's undercarriage be 'steam cleaned' to remove salt residue, dirt, grease, oil and road film... or is it simply run through an under-body car wash? We spend a great deal of time cleaning the undercarriage. It's vital that ALL the dirt and corrosive materials are removed before any rustproofing is applied (even on new vehicles).
Make Your Vehicle Last Much Longer!
Discover the Best 'Salt Protection' Techniques
See photos of 'Auto Undercoating' & 'Auto Rustproofing' materials being applied with professional equipment.
$1,137.00 + Tax *
Checks or Credit Card's Accepted
Typical Vehicle Downtime: 2 &1/2 Days
8. What under-body areas are covered-up so that it does not collect over-spray? Typically portions of the exhaust, bumpers, plastic components, running boards and the engine.
14. If your spare tire is located underneath your vehicle, we will remove it, steam clean it, dry it, and put a coat of rustproofing on it and reinstall it.
Our method has cosmoline squirting out from between panels and working its way around all the spot welds.
If you have a vehicle that already has under-body corrosion (as shown in the 4 photos below) we offer an additional rust preventative. It's a RUST KILLER PRE-TREATMENT that's done to the under-body BEFORE any rust coating products are applied.
11. Does the person doing the rust proofing and undercoating enjoy what they are doing? Typically, this is a job that gets shoved-off to the 'new-guy'. However at Rust Coaters, rustproofing is our only business and it's our passion. We love it because we make sure that we are properly equipped to do the job right!
10. Does the person working on your vehicle, get paid on commission; in a hurry to get done; or afraid to get dirty? To do this type of work properly, you have to be fanatical about making sure every nook-and-crevice is coated.
* The above price includes our High Pressure Injection Process and the HEAVY DUTY under-body cosmoline protection as shown in the above photos.
The reason for the rust and corrosion shown above is that vehicle door window seals are NOT completely water-tight. So whenever your door window gets wet from rain, snow, or going through a car wash, the inside of the door will also get wet. The door's inner cavity can also get wet from condensation.
Because the very bottom of the door is located 'below' the door's drain holes, rust quickly starts to form in the lower seam. As the rust grows, it eventually eats its way through the inside and outside panels of the door.
Our Rust Coating Process will also protect wiring, brake lines, gas lines and much more. It will NOT plug any drain holes.
Ford - example photos
After the rust killer does its work, the rusty areas are darker looking (shown below). While some areas are darker than others, all the covered areas (i.e. rusted and previously painted areas) will have a protective coating over them.
The procedure provides an additional barrier of protection.
The Details On Our...
See the Complete Process Below...
15. Get Peace of Mind Protection...
All the cosmoline based products we use have LONG LASTING rust inhibitors built right into them.
The process described above, will give your vehicle unparalleled protection.